Thursday, February 17, 2011

Jealousy

I think we may have a bit of a jealousy issue between Tasia and Arabella already, and Arabella isn't even here yet. We could be in for trouble lol Tasia has decided she needs to sleep with us almost every night. She doesn't start out there, but at some point in the middle of the night probably 5 nights a week she ends up right in the middle of us. She has also started having separation issues. She has gone to church with my mom every Sunday for probably close to 2 years, and the last couple of weeks she has cried that she doesn't want to leave us. My parents are going to California next month, and they planned to take our kids but Tasia won't go because she doesn't want to leave us. Also she was crying to me this morning about not wanting me to sleep in the hospital when the baby is born, and that she doesn't want Anth to sleep there too. She says she doesn't want to stay with Grandma, because she wants us. She has never been so attached to us in her life, and has always loved sleepovers with her Grandmas. I tried to explain to her that it'll probably only be one night (I don't like staying in the hospital any longer if I don't have to), and that she can even come visit us in the hospital but she didn't care. I knew there would be some jealousy, and we have let her be involved in picking clothes out, hearing the heartbeat, seeing the ultrasound etc. We have also told her that she can help us with the baby if she wants when she is born, and tried to amp up how great it will be to be a big sister. She seems excited, but obviously there is some jealousy there. I don't know what else to do, and it may just be something she'll just have to get used to because I am out of ideas as far as how to prepare her for things to come. We have explained to her what babies are like, and have told her that at first she will just eat, sleep, cry and poop but when she gets bigger she will be able to play with her. I guess we will see in about 8 weeks how things turn out :)

No comments: