Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Never a dull moment!

Anth had his yearly physical scheduled yesterday which at the time we thought was no big deal. Boy were we wrong!!! When he got to his physical the nurse took his blood pressure then she gave him a look and just said, "Are you serious? Umm...let me take that again!". So she takes it again and this time she says, "I'll be right back. I'm going to get the dr!". Way to leave him hanging huh! Come to find out his blood pressure was sky high. I'm talking there is no way my husband should have felt fine, and was on the verge of a stroke high :( The dr told him he needed to go straight to his dr, because there was no way they would do anything more for him there and he wouldn't allow him to go back to work with it that bad. Anth called me from his dr to let me know what was going on, so I sat on pins and needles for the next hour or so waiting to hear from him. At his dr his blood pressure was 180/120...like I said, scary high!!! His dr put him on some strong meds to bring it down, told him to go home for the day to monitor it and go back today to the clinic dr and to him to have it checked again. They also drew about 3 vials of blood and did an EKG on him. The EKG came out fine, and we are still waiting on the bloodwork results. Last night I checked his bp 3 more times, and each time it seemed to go down. It was still up there, but way down from earlier. His final reading last night was 152/99. He got up this morning and went to the clinic, but when he got there his bp was 160/113. Right back up! The dr wouldn't release him back to work until his bottom number was below 110, so he had to lay in the clinic for about 2 1/2 hours trying to relax and make it go down. He finally had a reading of 142/102, so the dr released him back to work but he isn't allowed to run the forklifts which irritates him. That's all he does all day is run a forklift basically, so he's kind of stuck on paperwork and busy work which he doesn't like. He also feels stupid for being sent home for his blood pressure. I don't think he realized how big of a deal it was until he found out he could have a stroke at any minute. Plus he felt bad, because he knew they had trucks coming in that they needed to get unloaded. Leave it to Anth to worry about making things inconvenient for others when his life is on the line huh. Anyway...at this point we are kind of left hanging until we get the bloodwork, and until the meds really start to work (which I hope is fast!). I will keep everyone posted, but for now prayers that we get this under control would be very much appreciated :)

1 comment:

Meplusthree said...

Dang thats high... mine when I was preg was about 150/108
I had to get on meds too when I was done being preg since it stayed up there its a scary thing! Hope it goes down!