Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Mama Bear

Syd and one of the little neighbor girls have had some catty ongoing fued the last couple of weeks. Everyday Syd would come home, and I would expect to hear that something had happened between the 2 of them at one point or another throughout the day either at school, on the bus or during the walk home from the bus. It was getting really annoying, but I figured they are pre-teen emotional girls so they were going to have to deal with it on their own. That was until yesterday! Yesterday my daughter walked in holding her cheek. When I asked what happened she proceeds to tell me that the girl had come up to her with some smart ass remarks, and then she punched her in the face!!! ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!?!?! So I make Syd tell me 3 of 4 more times exactly what happened as I am staring at this lovely red mark on her face, and I tell her this has gone WAY too far and we are going to have a talk with her and her mother. As soon as I got there her mom knew why I wanted to talk to her (she has heard all the catty crap going on too). She didn't know about the hitting thing, and seemed to be quite pissed at that fact too. I'm not one of those naive moms who thinks their child never does wrong. I know my child had her fair share in all the ridiculous things going on. I just explained to her mom that it had gone too far, and that I don't care if they don't want to be friends but that I'm sure she would agree that whatever it is needs to stop now. They both needed to stop talking crap to each other and they didn't need to talk to other people about each other. Luckily I got a decent mom and she agreed completely! She had had enough of hearing about just like I had. Her daughter did get in trouble for punching my kid (which definitely needed to happen), but they both kind of agreed to either work it out or just leave each other alone!

2 comments:

Mark and Bethany said...

Oh wow, joy of girls. We never did these things to our moms, hahahahahahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hayley said...

My first thought was- I wish Syd woulda beat the shit out of her!

I'm going to be a violent, terrible mother, I'm sure. Way to go on your calm and super mature behavior!