Monday, September 21, 2009

Deeter Family

Some of you already know this, but my parents weren't married when they had me and they split up when I was 8 months old because my mom felt that the best thing for me would be to move back to Texas with my grandma. That way she could help her take care of me (my mom was only 17 when I was born). When I was 2 we moved back out to Utah, and a year later my mom met Mike Deeter. He was quite a bit older than her, but he was good to her and me and so they built a life together. Mike had been married previously, and had 2 kids from that marriage (Stephanie and Brian). I loved them, and grew close to them as I got older. Things between my mom and Mike didn't end up working out, so after 10 years of marriage they got divorced and shortly after my parents ended up back together...14 years later!!!! Crazy huh! Anyway...over the years I have kind of lost touch with the Deeter side of my family. Stephanie and I still talked occaisionally, and her oldest daughter Kallie texts me once in a while but that was the extent of it. They all came to my wedding 2 years ago, but still not much communication with them until recently!!! Stephanie, Brian and I have had the chance to reconnect and talk on a daily basis thanks to good old facebook. We were finally able to get together this past weekend for a BBQ. It was my family, Stephanie, her husband and her 2 girls, Brian, his wife and their son Kayden and my step-dad Mike. It was nice to sit and catch up with them. I miss all of them so much, and I hope we can all continue to stay in touch better than we have over the last few years :)


No comments: