Wednesday, September 10, 2008

My mom and I took the kids to the Utah State Fair yesterday, and we had a blast! We started out by taking them to see the Veggie Tails concert. Dom complained that he hated Veggie Tails, but by the time we were done he was more excited than Syd and Tasia. Tasia paid more attention at that concert than I have ever seen her pay attention to anything! Afterwards we ate, and let Syd and Dom go on the huge slide thing they had. We went on the merry go round next. Tasia loved it! Everytime we went past my mom she said "Hi grandma! I ridin the horsey!" It was hilarious! Syd and Dom were pretending to be a real cowboy and cowgirl. They are goofy sometimes! Last but definitely not least (it was already 8 o' clock by then and starting to rain) we went to a little hands exhibit that taught the kids what it's like to work on a farm. It was the neatest little exhibit! First they started out by getting a little pail and an apron for them to wear. Then they went over into a different little barn where they gathered corn (each area gave little facts along with the activity). Once they gathered their corn you took it to feed the cow, and after you fed the cow you milked it (it was water shooting out of the fake utters). Once you did that you went to the apple orchard and picked an apple to put in your pail. Then you picked a seed (they had different options). When you had your seed you took it to the garden to plant it and water it. The next section was the garden, but the vegetables were already all grown, so the kids got to pick the vegetable they planted. Then it was off to the "hay field". The kids all got to jump in their little tractors, so they could haul their tiny bales of hay. After that they went and groomed some sheep, and gathered eggs from the chickens. In the end they took a picture in a little cardboard cutout that made them look like FFA members, and as they handed in their stuff they gathered they were paid a dollar to go buy something from their little grocery store. It was a very creative and educational exhibit, and the kids loved it!










2 comments:

Michelle said...

This is gunna sound weird...I saw your blog from a comment on JoAnna Carters blog and seen that you are from Stansbury Park...I moved from Tooele to Idaho (where I met Joanna)but I remembered Anthony because his little brother James was in my class when I went to school in Tooele, weird, then the more I looked at pictures of you, I recogize your face I just can't remember your last name or when I might have seen you? My name was Michelle Peterson, probably don't remember me it was along time ago that I lived there but, just wanted to say Hi!

Michelle said...

Ok...I think I know how I know you now...I lived with my cousin Jennifer Rowley in Stansbury for awhile I think I remember you two hanging out, but I just might be completely wrong and you might have no clue who she is, or maybe you do but there is still no connection lol! Anyway, it's fun to see people that I used to know and reminice!