Thursday, April 15, 2010

Not a lot to say

I really don't have much to say lately. Things have been sad around here, so I am trying to pull myself up out of this slump! We celebrated my Grandma's birthday Sunday with the notes written on balloons and sent up to Heaven. It was hard, but it also felt really good. My mom even made a cake, and my kids sang Happy Birthday to her. Monday was her actual birthday, and my dog that I got when I was 11 had to be put to sleep that day. She hadn't eaten in 2 days. She was collapsing constantly. She had lost a ton of weight, couldn't see or hear and was struggling to breathe. It was time to let her go, but it was an already emotional day so it made it even harder. I went with my mom to take her, and I couldn't even check her in without bawling. My dad says he feels like he lost a child. I agree...it's like losing a family member.

On a brighter note, Dom has his first game tonight. I can't wait to watch him!!! He is very talented, and it always makes me proud. I love hearing other parents comment on how good of an arm he has or how well he hits the ball. I'm sure I will try to get some pics posted, but I can't promise anything because I really am slacking on that lately!

1 comment:

Hayley said...

What a shitty week, my friend. I'm glad you have something to look forward to.