Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Feeling a little BLAH today

This snow is really making me cranky! It needs to go away. I swear we are getting more snow now than we did in December, and I am over the cold weather. We bought Sydney a new swimsuit last night (as part of her birthday presents), but at this rate she won't even get to use it unless we go to the indoor pool. This diet doesn't help my crankiness much either. So far I have lost 7 pounds, and I am thrilled about it but I am having a REALLY REALLY hard time not cheating. I'm not going to lie I cheated for Easter, but it's Easter how can you not cheat.

My Grandma's birthday is fast approaching, and it's been hitting me hard lately that she isn't here. I bawled most of the way to Ogden last Friday for our family Easter party. The kids want to celebrate her birthday even though she isn't with us anymore, so thanks to my great friend Ashley for giving me the idea we are going to write notes to her on balloons and send them up to heaven. I'm sure it'll be quite emotional, but my kids wanted to do something and I'm not going to discourage them from trying to remember her in any way at all.

Our stupid dryer went out on us Friday, so now we are trying to find one that isn't too expensive. I had to break down and wash a couple of loads and hang them to dry today, because my kids would have nothing to wear to school the rest of the week if I didn't. It's not convenient at all, and the piles are getting extremely large. I usually have to do at least 2 loads of laundry a day to keep up if not more, so you can imagine since I have done none since Friday what it looks like. Anyone have any ideas where to get a good deal on a new one? I'm not crazy about getting one used on ksl, because I don't know the person we would be buying it from. That probably sounds kind of snotty of me to say, but not everyone takes care of their things the same as I would and I don't want to take any chances.

No comments: