Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Yep I suck at this again! My summer has been a bit chaotic though with 8 kids running around, and a husband withhealth issues. Now it's September, and the kids have started school (1st, 4th and 7th grade), so things are a bit quieter and as long as Bella isn't too much of a terror I can take a minute to post. I will start with Anth's health, because it was the scariest part of it all. Anth woke up one morning and couldn't move. It was so scary, and it got worse as the day progressed, so I took him to the Tooele urgent care The Dr there was clueless as to what it could be. He ended up sending us to the University of Utah hospital. After hours of laying there miserable, and going through multiple tests they found out his potassium was down to a 1 and it should be a 4, and the reason he couldn't move is his body was shutting down on him. He was dying! They immediately started loading him up with potassium through an IV and pills. After being there overnight, and getting no sleep at all we were able to go home with strict instructions to rush back in if anything wasn't normal again. Also to follow up with his Dr. When we followed up with his Dr his carbon monoxide levels were through the roof. He had carbon monoxide poisoning from work, so he was on leave for a weekso it could go down, and luckily no problems since, but it was a scary couple of weeks! Otherwise our summer was pretty typical. The kids played outside a lot. They were constantly bored according to them. They drove each other and me completely nuts, and are all happy to be back in school. Tasia turned 6 over the summer, and we went swimming with my mom for her birthday, and it was so much fun! Bella loved every minute of it. She's not too sure how she feels about the kids being gone, but she's getting used to it. She has decided to tear out all of my movies and rearrange my area rugs lately just to see my reaction. She's a handful for sure! Right now we have fall soccer going for Syd. She got to go to the Real game during the major storm last Saturday, and I was a nervous wreck waiting for her to get home but she had a blast! I think that's about all for now. I really will try to be better at updating this.

No comments: